Google AdWords Keyword Tool is an exceptionally handy tool to use for your digital marketing campaign. If you want to be successful with your SEO, you need to know which keywords have more potential in terms of lifting your website’s ranking in search engines and thus directing more traffic.
This keyword tool started off as a Pay Per Click (PPC) tool to help customers search for the popularity of specific keywords/phrases and their competitiveness. It has since developed into an SEO tool.
The five main advantages of using Google AdWords Keyword Tool are:
- It’s free! You don’t necessarily need to open an account with Google AdWords to be able to use some of the tool’s features. You may wish to, however, as you can access more of its functions.
- It enables you to research keywords that will best suit your website and your business.
- It’s extremely easy to use and understand. All it involves is you entering the keyword/phrase, hitting the search button and the information you will need is there!
- The results are broken down into categories to help you get the most out of your search results. The categories are: related keywords, competition, number of global monthly searches and local monthly searches. This should make it easier for you when it comes to deciding which keywords/phrases suit your needs best.
- The competition feature enables you to choose keywords, which are not too competitive giving you a better chance for your website ranking higher in search engine results.
Also, one additional feature which I like about this keyword research tool is that you can select the keywords you want to use and then export them in a format (CSV file), which you can open in a spreadsheet program, such as Microsoft Excel. This is can be very handy when you do keyword research.
If you haven’t used Google AdWords Keyword Tool, I would recommend using it when you do your SEO for your website: Google AdWords Keyword Tool.